About Canon Print Service
Canon Print Service is software (print plugin) that can print only from a menu of applications that support Android printing subsystem. It can print from smartphones and tablets using Canon printer is connected to a wireless network.
- Switching between color and black-and-white printing
- Printer discovery by Specifying IP address
- Recall from the share menu
- Department ID management
- borderless printing
- PDF direct printing
- Setting paper types
- 2-sided printing
- 2 on 1 printing
- stapling pages
- Secure printing
Items that can be set varies depending on the printer you are using.
If you are using a mobile terminal with Android 6 or earlier installed:
You need to enable Canon Print Service to print from it. Canon Print Service is not activated immediately after installation. To activate step using one of the methods below.
- Tap the icon appears in the notification area immediately after installation, and activate service settings are displayed on the screen.
- Press [Settings]> [Printing]> [Canon Print Service], and activate service settings are displayed on the screen.
If you’re using Android mobile terminal 7 or later installed, the service is automatically activated upon installation.