How to Fix Canon Code 5100 Error Message
Error 5100 occurred on Canon printers is usually caused because they are not detected by the Printer Cartridge. Meaning of message Error 5100 This informs you that the printer can not find Catridge.
This event is often experienced when the printer is turned on, or when the printer is preparing to print. This is because the carriage can not move, or movement is hampered by some object.
To try and resolve the issue, please follow these steps:
- With a flashlight or other bright light, please check the paper feed areas of the printer and verify that there are no paper jams or obstructions in the printer that may be causing the error.
- Look inside of the printer where the inks are located and ensure that there are no obstructions in there that may be causing the print head not to move freely.
- Remove and reseat all of the ink tanks in the printer.
- Turn off the printer
- Remove the catridge from the printer
- Clean the contact surfaces / connector terminal Catridge touching printer
- Replace the two Catridge
- Turn on the printer.
If you still experience the same error after performing the steps above, the printer will require servicing to resolve the issue.